ANNOUNCING AN OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME
A PART OF THE MWR TEAM
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY
COMMANDER, NAVY INSTALLATIONS
CNRSE NAVAL CONSTRUCTION BATTALION CENTER GULFPORT N921
POSITION: ADMIN CLERK - FLEX
SALARY: $15.00 PH
ANNOUNCEMENT #: GP-23-12133663
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: INTERMITTENT (FLEX)
OPENING DATE: 18 SEP 2023
CLOSING DATE: 2 OCT 2023
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
HOW TO APPLY: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/749770200
LOCATION: ADMINISTRATION OFFICE - Morale, Welfare and Recreation Department, Community Activities Division, Naval Construction Battalion Center, Gulfport, Mississippi
This position is located within the Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR) Department, Naval Air Station (NAS) Gulfport, Mississippi. The purpose of this position is to oversee and coordinate the various administrative requirements of the MWR Business Office at the Front Desk and assist with other duties of the Admin Office.
- Answers phone and greets customers.
- Uses good customer service techniques, greeting by name where appropriate, offering assistance in a genial manner, researching questions and/or referring to appropriate staff member to handle the request. Must be familiar with authorized patron policies and demonstrate ability to determine eligibility for access to MWR activities.
- Uses computer to key data from handwritten notes or rough draft materials ensuring that the finished documents contain the proper format, content, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Such duties may include but are not limited to: Typing administrative documents, contracts, purchase order requests, correspondence, instructions, form and reports utilizing references, policy directives and standards, posted even reports, etc. Ensures information is accurate and kept up-to-date. Prepares copies of finished documents and distributes as required.
- Receives/sorts mail, guard mail, or packages delivered by courier and routes to the appropriate personnel. Processes and prepares documents/packages for mail/express mail including recoding information into mail log.
- Files incoming and outgoing correspondence, budget information, purchasing documents, newsletter information, plant property, etc. into an established system. On occasion may be required to sept up additional filing systems.
- Responsible for receiving and verifying daily cash receipts and comparing them with daily activity records (DAR's) to ensure all cash receipts and transactions are accounted for. Consolidates daily cash and receipts. Makes trips to local financial institution to obtain currency and change, ensuring an adequate amount of one's, five's and rolled coins are on-hand. Responsible for maintaining letters of designation, issue and receipt of change funds and sequentially numbered manual receipts.
- Reconciles total cash and receipts from the combined verified DARs prior to releasing the source documents to the accounting office. Monitors cash shortage/overage for abuses of funds; notifying management immediately of discrepancies, who will take appropriate action. Gathers all documents (DARs, vendor invoices, timesheets/cards, work schedules, group bills, etc.) and forwards to the Regional Business Office. Ensures the safe combination is changed every 6 months or sooner as needed. Maintains a log of combination changes and briefs for management when changes occur.
- Conducts training as needed for staff in the following areas: theft prevention, robbery, cash handling procedures, processing credit card transactions, handling/acceptance of checks, etc. Keeps abreast of any changes with credit card or check cashing procedures/equipment and trains staff accordingly.
- Assists in copying, collating, stapling, and/or sorting documents as directed.
- Assists with monitoring of supplies, requesting supply needs, and preparing orders as necessary.
- Prepares travel orders and assists employees in liquidating travel claims.
- Performs monthly safely inspections including updating and maintaining records.
- Prioritizes and facilitates the flow of work into and from the other offices which may include, but is not limited to verification of fuel credit card statements; product research, logging and tracking BPA's and purchase orders, preparation of APF and NAF purchase requests, scheduling of training, etc. Reacts to emergent needs and makes adjustments to assignments to meet operational needs.
- Assists the Accounting, Central Cashier, Personnel and Marketing departments as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must have your funds directly deposited into a bank account of your choice.
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
- Must successfully pass the E-verify employment verification check. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of employment.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience. All non-government positions identified on your resume must include complete address and to and from dates. Government positions must include pay plan, series, grade, to and from dates and address of the agency/organization.
One year of specialized experience directly related to the duties described above. Qualifying experience must have been equivalent to the next lower level in the normal line of progression.
Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Must be able to read, write and understand both written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide accurately using a calculator.
- Must have knowledge of basic English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- This position requires the skill of an entry level or higher typist and the ability to operate a personal computer.
- Must possess working knowledge of basic data entry for MS Office Word and Excel programs.
- Must demonstrate above average telephone etiquette and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with MWR policies, practices, and procedures and terminology and previous government is preferred.
- Must be familiar with document filing and retrieval systems, and have the ability to accurately maintain filing systems.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire and your RESUME MUST SUPPORT AND VALIDATE YOUR ANSWERS or you may be removed from consideration.
ONLY THE MOST HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE REFERRED. IF MANAGEMENT DOES NOT WISH TO SELECT A HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE, THEY MAY REQUEST A REFERRAL LIST INCLUDING WELL OR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and/or appointment eligibility.
PLEASE READ THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY TO ENSURE ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE ADDRESSED IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE.
NO Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest
KEY REQUIREMENTS/CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- You must be a US Citizen.
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. https://www.sss.gov/register/
- Selectee must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Selectee is required to participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- Social Security Card is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
- A favorable background is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain a favorable background may result in the withdrawal of the position offer or removal.
NOTE: Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at https://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.
This position does not have a positive education requirement.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. Benefits you get to enjoy while working for our TEAM include but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan, annual and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, etc.).
- Stability of Federal Civilian Service
- People with passion for doing work that matters
- Quality of Work Life Balance
Some positions have special requirements- Position is a non-critical, sensitive, position requiring access to IT II system and/or access to PII. An access National Agency Check investigation (ANACI) is required via the SF 86 security form.- Required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450. Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7R, Joint Ethics Regulation, dated 23 March 2006.- Salary is dependent on experience and/or education.- For positions requiring travel more than twice per year, selectee may be required to obtain and maintain in good standing a Government-issued Travel Card for official government travel purposes.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of closing date.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants are assured of equal consideration regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodations should email their request to MILL_CNIC_NAF_EEO@navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
This activity is a Drug-Free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace, and Sailors, their family members, and all other customers have a right to a reliable and productive Federal workforce.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your experience is subject to evaluation and verification against the information in your resume. The numeric rating you receive is a self-assessment only and is based on your responses to the questionnaire. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, or if your resume lacks sufficient information, you will be rated accordingly or may be considered ineligible.
All resumes will be reviewed to determine if they meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement, and will be rated based on the information provided in the resume to determine the level of knowledge, skill, and ability, related to the job requirements. Using the qualifications of the position, a predetermined rating criterion of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each resume. Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews.
-Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume
-Proof of education (transcripts/copy of degree/high school diploma), if applicable to position requirements.
-Proof of certification, if applicable to position requirements.
-If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
-If you are a current federal employee, submit your last three evaluations.
APPLICANTS CLAIMING HIRING PREFERENCE: Please ensure your status is indicated in your USAJOBS account and ALL required documents to claim preference are submitted at the time of resume submission.
WHAT ARE PREFERENCES? Preferences are advantages in the candidate selection process. Individuals can claim the following preferences:
1. Reemployment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
-Submit a copy of your BBA Separation Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
-Submit sponsor's PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
-If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
3. Veteran's Preference/Gold Star Veteran's Preference: Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran's preference, you MUST:
-Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy); AND
-Submit completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
-Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc)
To claim Gold Star Veteran's preference, you MUST:
-Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
-Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
-Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc).
***Qualifying applicants with preferences are considered in the order listed above. Then all other qualifying applicants are considered.